Thank you for point it out.
Just as your comments, I agree to remove JUnit info from NOTICE.txt.

But it should be reasonable to keep the statement that we JUnit dependence
in LICENSE files.
As our test code locate in the Apache SVN, it should also be a part of our
artifacts.

I also see Apache POI keeping JUnit statement in their LICENSE file:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/poi/trunk/legal/LICENSE