Hi Incubator PMC,

Here's the result of discussions that took place around Christmas -
the goal is to try and improve the PMC's oversight on podling reports
and missing mentors, by having the Champion act as the main liaison
between a podling and the Incubator PMC.

If we agree on the below principles, I'll update the
http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/Roles_and_Responsibilities.html#Champion
description accordingly.

Please cast your votes to accept the following clarifications to the
Champion's role - this majority vote is open for at least 72 hours:

Once a podling is created, and until it graduates, its Champion must:

1. Coordinate the creation and timely delivery of the podling's board reports.

2. Keep an eye on the mentors' activity and take action (ask for new
mentors, talk to the Incubator PMC) if they don't seem to provide
enough oversight or mentorship to the podling,

As far as the podling is concerned:

3. The podling can elect a new Champion at any time, and must notify
the Incubator PMC when that happens.

4. Existing podlings will need to elect a Champion, unless their
current one agrees to take on the above tasks.

5. The podling reports must indicate who the current Champion is.

-Bertrand