On 01/23/2012 10:56 PM, Ate Douma wrote:
On 01/23/2012 10:30 PM, Franklin, Matthew B. wrote:
On 1/23/12 3:29 PM, "sebb"<seb...@gmail.com> wrote:

On 23 January 2012 15:17, Franklin, Matthew B.<mfrank...@mitre.org>
wrote:
This is the sixth incubator release for Apache Rave, with the artifacts
being versioned as 0.7-incubating.

We are requesting a lazy consensus vote, as we have already received 3
binding IPMC +1 votes during the release voting on rave-dev -

VOTE: http://s.apache.org/xqH
RESULT: http://s.apache.org/rg

Release notes:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/rave/tags/0.7-incubating/CHANGE
LOG

SVN source tag (r1227377):
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/rave/tags/0.7-incubating/

NOTICE file says:

Apache Rave
Copyright 2011 The Apache Software Foundation

Is this still correct?

The release was spun on January 4th of 2012 and there were 4 minor changes
made between 2012& the release. Based on prior discussions on this list,
minor changes don't seem to be a blocker [1]. Additionally, I have
created a JIRA ticket for updating the copyright date on all NOTICE files
[2].

[1] : http://markmail.org/message/3b776xpdzijynypc
[2] : https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RAVE-439

Besides this being a minor and certainly non-blocker issue, a similar question
came up just last week on legal-discuss@ where the question was if every
copyright statement would need to be 'bumped' to adjust for the new year. Greg
Stein provided IMO a nice and clear (follow up) answer about the importance of
how and when to do this [3]:

<quote>
Actually, the shorter answer is "get it close, but don't worry about it."
(per a lawyer friend of mine)

What you put in the header is advisory. If you end up in court, it has zero
impact compared to the actual commit history that demonstrates it is your
work. "Your work" is the operative issue; not when you happened to do that
work."
</quote>
Original message and thread link: http://markmail.org/message/v3n7vyd4anxmgzbn

On second thought, the above quote might not be relevant in *this* context, as in this case it concerns the NOTICE file, not some copyrighted resource itself.

Nonetheless, the fact this was a release cut on January 4th, I think it truely isn't of much concern anyway, and for subsequent releases we'll adjust the copyright date.

I do however very much appreciate the proper review and feedback from sebb, and others on general@ alike, because all these tiny issues are soo easy to overlook!

Thanks, Ate

So I see no reason at all to worry about these now.

And, for the record, none of the NOTICE files in this release themselves were
modified since 2011.

Ate

Maven staging repo:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacherave-015/

Source release:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacherave-015/org/
apache/rave/rave-project/0.7-incubating/rave-project-0.7-incubating-sourc
e-release.zip

Binary releases

http://people.apache.org/builds/incubator/rave/0.7-incubating/apache-rave
-0.7-incubating-bin.tar.gz