On Jan 28, 2012, at 5:15 PM, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:

> There's always the perennial chat here and there about rotating the PMC chair
> on a regular basis. It's my understanding that other PMCs have adopted this
> policy and are quite happy with it.  It's also my understanding that some in
> this community think it would be a good idea to do it here.
>
> Good idea?  What should be the term length?  Should the current chair be
> forced to resign or can the person re-run for the next term?  If forced to
> resign can the person re-run for a term sometime in the future?  If not
> forced to resign is there a limit to the number of terms that can be held?

I like the idea of an annual election so that there aren't any hard feelings.
I personally have no problem with the same person being re-elected every year.
This is pretty much what the members do with the board elections - some members
have served for a long time while others rotate more frequently.  Personally, I
would prefer it if this was an across the board policy that applied to all PMCs.

Ralph