On 3 February 2012 23:38, Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 3, 2012 at 5:37 PM, Roy T. Fielding <field...@gbiv.com> wrote:
>> On Feb 3, 2012, at 2:00 PM, Sam Ruby wrote:
>>> There is a place in the middle, which very much intrigues me.  Instead
>>> of replacing 1 IPMC with n PMCs, having n+1 PMCs, with the Incubator
>>> playing a role much like legal or trademarks (or infra or press
>>> or...).  In particular, when problems arise the board would direct the
>>> PPMC to work with this group.
>>>
>>> This group would be much smaller than the current Incubator, but would
>>> continue indefinitely.
>>
>> IMO, that sounds like ComDev.  ComDev was created, at least in part, to
>> complete the documentation tasks that Incubator dropped and act as an
>> Apache-wide community builder regardless of project status.

Nope. ComDev was created to manage GSoC and other such activities.
That being said, it is true that we have found it helpful to create a
different type of documentation to support that goal.

> "whether that resource goes by the name of 'incubator' or 'comdev', I
> care not" [1]
>
> That being said, I would want to verify that the ComDev chair agreed
> before I would support such a change.  If so, I'm in.

So would I (as ComDev chair ;-)

I just posted elsewhere on this topic with a new subject. This part of
the discussion can go there. Thanks for highlighting this Sam.

Ross

>> ....Roy
>
> - Sam Ruby
>
> [1]