On 2/5/2012 10:20 AM, Christian Grobmeier wrote:

> No. With all respect for Noel - we have discussed this multiple times
> now. There is a need for a change because some administrative stuff
> was delayed. There is a need for a change because on of us demanded it
> (Bill if I remember right). Why should we wait again and re-discuss
> everything? There is nothing wrong with doing the election now.

You most certainly remember wrong.  I pointed out the less-than-tactful
aspects of the call for an election/replacement (which was unfortunately
both at the same time), and some mechanical answers which would help
this or any other committee push for a chair election without insult
to the efforts of the standing chair, and why it is NOT an insult to ask
for an election after their initial year of service.

But I entirely agree Noel should stay on for a bit longer, until it is
clear that Chris and Benson agree on which should be elected and how
they would serve as chair the committee, because I for one am going to
vote Noel if either is so disagreeable as to be unable to gather support
or gather consensus.  Right now they are on very polar ends of the whole
discussion, which suggests neither until the incubator and board choose
a path forward.