On 3/1/2012 9:49 PM, Sam Ruby wrote:

> I don't know what statement Roy is referring to, so I won't challenge
> it directly.  Instead I will ask that people work together to find out
> what processes are right for the ASF at this point in time, even if
> these processes are different than the ones that we used 10, 5, or
> even just 2 years ago.

In this specific case, I trust Roy to inform us if it meets the narrow
response he received with respect to a single committer's creation on
behalf of their employer (as we understand this submission) or if it
has some additional considerations.

Given that the President of the foundation hasn't objected for two
months to these code imports without IP clearance, obviously the
project is in the right.  If you don't agree the committee or board
would take that up with the President.