Hi,

Thanks for the report, VXQuery!

On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 5:26 AM, Apache Wiki <wikidi...@apache.org> wrote:
> + * change of the focus of the project (the previous focus was to be
> +   flexible wrt the representation of the data model, the new focus
> +   is parallel processing of large amounts of XML data)
> + * re-newed development activity

I see a single "VXQuery focus" thread on vxquery-dev@ and a handful of
related commits, but the activity on those seems rather to decline
than increase over time.

So looking at the project from the outside it unfortunately doesn't
seem like the new focus is yet helping re-activate the project. Do you
expect this to change over the next few months? Does VXQuery have
concrete plans on how to drive the new focus forward? If yes, is help
from the larger Incubator community or ComDev needed?

> + * 2 proposals for GSoC (1 person expressed interest in working on
> +   VXQuery for GSoC)

I'm concerned about starting a GSoC project on a codebase without an
active community. GSoC students are supposed to be working with the
community, not *be* the community. Have you talked about this with
ComDev?

PS. VXQuery has four mentors listed: Paul Fremantle, Sanjiva
Weerawarana, Radu Preotiuc-Pietro, and Jochen Wiedmann. I only see
Jochen interacting with the community on vxquery-dev@ over the past
two years. Are the other mentors still actively following the project?

BR,

Jukka Zitting