On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 1:43 PM, William A. Rowe Jr. <wr...@rowe-clan.net> wrote:
> On 3/31/2012 8:43 AM, Rob Weir wrote:
>> On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 7:20 AM, Ross Gardler
>> <rgard...@opendirective.com>wrote:
>>
>>> There isn't (to my knowledge), I can imagine an increasing number of
>>> projects wanting such a thing though. Unless someone tells me I'm
>>> wrong and we already have one would you be interested in seeing if
>>> Apple are open to such an arrangement?
>>>

>> I'd recommend first very careful review of the licensing terms first, on
>> legal-discuss, to ensure that we're comfortable with any restrictions use
>> of their SDK brings.  This would also help with other potential
>> contributors who might have iOS apps they would like to contribute, but
>> whose current analysis suggests that the Apple terms are incompatible.
>
> nonsense
>
> These are the very same SDK tools that these very same Apache Committers
> already
> use on a daily basis.

The issue, of course, is not what you do with the Apple SDK in the
privacy of your own bedroom.  The question is about creating
dependencies for releases and the restrictions these bring to
downstream consumers.    If you want to just say those are questions
for the individual PMC's to resolve, then I'd agree, but I then note
that the IPMC is the PMC for podlings, so my point is in order.