My understanding is that we can include the code as long as we have a
ICLA from Itamar. This was discussed at length in January for another
contribution that the same contributor wanted to donate. Stephan
(Bodewig, our Incubation mentor) laid out what needed to be done
really clearly in that context.

Here's the link to the final message on that thread where Stephan
recaps the relevant points:

http://s.apache.org/HZa

I don't know if Itamar ever followed up after that and filed a ICLA.
If he did, we're good and just need to commit the code.. Otherwise,
we'll need him to do the ICLA first.

Thanks,
Troy