On Sun, May 27, 2012 at 2:23 PM, Mohammad Nour El-Din
<nour.moham...@gmail.com> wrote:

> May I suggest adding some fields to ease data entry even more:
>
> 1- A checkbox indicating whether or not the mailing list is for an
> incubator project or not
> 2- Another list of checkboxes which are enabled only when the incubator
> checkbox is enabled:
>  2.1- Dvelopment
>  2.2- Commits
>  2.3- Private
>  2.4- Users(*)
>
> For the first three ones they can be checked by default as they are
> required by all Incubator projects, the last one for users can be checked
> sometimes when a new podling is in need for a users list
>
> This will ease data entry a lot for new podlings instead of making a new
> request for each mailing list a mentor can just in one request send all
> data required by the tool

It looks to me like incubator mailing list requests are enough
different to merit a separate form.  Also it appears that there is a
lot of variety between podlings, consider:

http://incubator.apache.org/projects/openofficeorg.html#Project+info

Trying to satisfy both the needs for initial mailing list creations
while also wanting to support "one-off" or additional mailing list
requests, heres new versions of the forms for review (url names are
NOT final):

  https://whimsy.apache.org/incubator/asfmlreq
  https://whimsy.apache.org/incubator/incmlreq

- Sam Ruby