Yes.  There are updates.

SVN is up (we will be switching to git as soon as possible)

Mailing lists are up.  Send email to
drill-dev-subscr...@incubator.apache.org or
drill-use-subscr...@incubator.apache.org as desired.

The issue tracker is up.  See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL

We will be sponsoring a hackathon soon in the SF bay area shortly to get a
lot of f2f participation for building consensus.  Several commercial
companies have volunteered paid developers as well.  It is an open question
how to broaden physical involvement beyond that first meeting, but ad hoc
meetings in various cities seem like a nice way to make that happen.
 Obviously, meat-space interactions will only be a small part of the total
project, but it is a good way to build enthusiasm.

The project web site is not up yet.  It will be shortly.