Does anyone seriously believe that IP notices are required in files like these?

These files cannot be copyrighted because they do not have any
'creative' content. If they can't be copyrighted, they can't be
licensed. And, even it were otherwise, the notices at the top of the
tree are sufficient. This isn't the first instance of a 'source' file
format that has no provisions for an IP notice.