On 4 October 2012 14:53, Idel Fuschini <idel.fusch...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Apache Mobile Filter (or AMF) is the name of the project sine 2008, and is
> a filter of Apache so I don't know what is the problem

There is a potentially significant trademark problem (hence moving
this to trademarks@):

"The following uses of ASF trademarks are probably infringing:....
Software service offerings that are for anything other than official
ASF-distributed software."

and

"You may not use ASF trademarks such as "Apache" or "ApacheFoo" or
"Foo" in your own domain names if that use would be likely to confuse
a relevant consumer about the source of software or services provided
through your website"

http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/

Ross

> Idel (owner of AMF)
>
> On 4 October 2012 14:36, Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 2:10 PM, Matthias Wessendorf <mat...@apache.org>
>> wrote:
>> > https://twitter.com/smashingmag/status/253794604967669760
>> >
>> > searching in my mail-account for 'apachemobilefilter' I do see it
>> > being mentioned with the DeviceMap proposal - but is that project
>> > _closely_ connected ?...
>>
>> That project has been mentioned on the devicemap dev list,
>> http://markmail.org/message/yfmu5h3n2tggy33n , but nothing more so
>> far.
>>

>> > ...I think the following sentence is/was kinda confusing:
>> > "Apache Mobile Filter is the easiest way to detect mobile devices.
>> > AMF is a suite of tools that allow access to a Device Repository (such
>> > as WURFL, DetectRight, 51Degrees or others) directly from Apache"...
>>
>> I agree that the "Apache Mobile Filter" name might give the impression
>> that that's an Apache project, but it's not, what that really is is a
>> "Mobile Filter for the Apache HTTP server".
>>
>> -Bertrand

Ross Gardler (@rgardler)
Programme Leader (Open Development)
OpenDirective http://opendirective.com