I've read this entire thread (whew!), and would actually like to throw out
a contrary position:

No signed keys.

Consider: releases come from the ASF, not a person. The RM builds the
release artifacts and checks them into version control along with hash
"checksums". Other PMC members validate the artifacts for release criteria
and matching checksums, voting +1 via version control.

All of the above is done via authenticated ASF accounts. The above
establishes an ASF release.

Please explain how "keys" are needed for this ASF release? Consumers are
already told to verify the SHA1 and nothing more. I doubt any more is
needed.

(assume secure Infrastructure)

Cheers,
-g