I think it's a good idea, I used the old stuff at the time and it is
something that is missing.

2012/10/18 Steve Loughran <steve.lough...@gmail.com>

> it may be good to have a proposal that is broader than just eclipse; gives
> you flexibility in future even if the initial target is the eclipse plugin.
> Certainly "Hadoop Development Tools" is pretty broad

Steve you are right, but I'm afraid that given how the Eclipse framework
requires tight coupling with Eclipse stuff (SWT, workbench system etc..)
it's not easy to develop something that can easily be reused on different
platforms.

However, it could be possible to distribute a stand alone RCP application
for those not using Eclipse, and eventually try to implement a "generic
Hadoop-UI bridge", as far as possible agnostic of specific Eclipse classes
and interfaces, that could eventually be reused for other IDEs.

Simone