On 02/11/2012 13:32, Mohammad Nour El-Din wrote:
Hi Simone...

On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 1:56 PM, Simone Tripodi <simonetrip...@apache.org>wrote:

Hi Mohammed!

IMO it would be easier to move into a Git repository, which I will help
in
setting it up. IMO, it will also be helpful for ASF Git support to have
more projects using Git which will help us understand different needs and
use cases of different project to provide better Git support by time, by
better I mean that now it is really good IMO but for sure we can make it
better :)

agreed! can you update the reference in the proposal, please? TIA!!!

Sounds good. If the final state must be git, let's got directly to git.

Sure thing will do it today when I have sometime

The thing is we still need to have SVN for content related operations
like
website and so cause it needs to be published using SVN pub-sub. I will
collect more details about that

thanks a lot! Can we propose the site be published on Git, like we
already did on GitHub in the `gh-pages` branch? WDYT?

IIRC thats not possible as rge pub-sub works with SVN, to be honest I am
not aware about the details thats the only fact I know about

If I am wrong would someone please correct me :) ?

It all depends if we want to use the Apache CMS or not.
The Apache CMS is supported under by SVN-PubSub.

Once again, if the final state is Apache CMS, let's go directly for it and let's not care where the content files are stored and published, that's the Apache CMS job after all (svn pubsub today, something else maybe tomorrow).

If we want to rely on site generated by maven or any other command line tools, yes, it would be good to see if publication via git is supported, but as far as I know, it is not. We can always raise a request to support it but that should not block the podling.

I am much more used via a Maven CLI site building and have looked to Apache CMS but didn't use it until now.

All the best,
-Simo

http://simonetripodi.livejournal.com/
http://twitter.com/simonetripodi