On 10.11.2012 14:39, Franklin, Matthew B. wrote:
> Apologies for the delay, the conference wifi was taken down before I could
> send the e-mail.
>
> Unfortunately, when I ran a license header check, the report came back
> with some minified css & js files in the source release.  As far as I am
> aware, minified files are not considered source and therefore should not
> be in the distribution.

Hm, then why doesn't that show up here:

    http://ci.apache.org/builders/bloodhound-trunk-rat-report

Regarding the minified files you found: I agree that minification
should, in future, be part of the installation process. However, once
can hardly claim that minified files are "not source". They are souce,
not even compressed. IMO the point of having source releases is
auditability. Minification makes it harder, but doesn't take it away
(as, for example, compilation does).

I propose this is not a release blocker. We should however recommend
that the project stops shipping minified sources in some (near) future
release.