On Nov 26, 2012, at 11:55 PM, ant elder wrote:

> I'd hope we can demonstrate finding consensus rather than using the vote to
> resolve this.
>
> I still think forced retirement doesn't seem the right thing in this case
> so my -1 stands. In the other thread Alan now seems open to giving them
> another try, i've offered to help with that (any other offers of help?),
> what have we got to lose with trying that?

Ant,

We did try to garner consensus.  Many, times.

Sometimes, you just can't get it and you have to resolve issues with a vote.
By *all* of the PPMC members admission, they have no time to work on this
project.  Eric simply wanted to wait a while and hope for some miracle to
happen.

If Eric and other PPMC members had the time to do the work, we wouldn't be
where we are today.

Regards,
Alan