On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 3:41 PM, ant elder <ant.el...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 2:32 PM, Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org
>> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 3:24 PM, ant elder <ant.el...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > ...Slow poddlings don't use much ASF resource so aren't a burden...
>>
>> I disagree: podlings do use mentor's energy - graduating or retiring
>> them is a way to free up mentors for other incoming podlings.
>>

> I did say "If there are willing participants" which includes the mentors.
>
> And I don't think looking at mentors as a pot of resource is the correct
> view.

The ASF slogan is: Community over Code.
If there is no community, why should there be code? A single person is
simply not a community.
If there were at least two or three people, then there would be a community.

In the case of Chukwa I see it like that: is there somebody else
(mentor or contributor) interested in Chukwa?

If yes, go ahead.
If no, move to github.

The criteria are the same as when entering the incubator. Most people
oppose an incubation when there is community. And if there are no
mentors, there is no incubation too.

That said, why shouldn't we just check if this is true for Chukwa?

Cheers
Christian

--
http://www.grobmeier.de