On Dec 21, 2012, at 13:52 , Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 7:05 AM, Martijn Dashorst
> <martijn.dasho...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 1:01 PM, Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>> Give me a URL where this policy is and I'll edit it.
>>
>> http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html
>
> While I agree that the page has a lot to say about putting releases on
> /dist, I could not find any point in which it said, in so many words,
> that /dist was required. I do, however, see how people would take that
> implication.

It does state that all releases must be archived on
http://archive.apache.org/dist/ so I think that more or less implies that all
releases must be put on /dist.

I just feel that as soon as we start making exceptions, we will end up with
many, and I really don't understand why this exception is necessary in the
first place. In fact, I think it's a great benefit that all releases can be
found in one single location, no exceptions.

> So, I edited it to say the opposite for this case. I'm not pushing the
> publish button; rather, I've started a thread on infra@ (which seems
> to supervise this content) inviting people to tell me that I am wrong.
> If I am still wearing my head tonight on the subject, I'll push the
> publish button.

I objected there as well, to me this is a big policy change, and one that I
don't understand the reason of.

Greetings, Marcel