David Crossley wrote on Wed, Jan 02, 2013 at 16:40:11 +1100:
> Jukka Zitting wrote:
> > David Crossley kirjoitti:
> > >
> > > It all requires podlings to keep the project metadata up-to-date!
> > > Clutch can only use the data that it is fed. The poor state of
> > > the metadata has many ramifications.
> > >
> > > The main laggards are "graduated" projects.
> > >
> > > That behaviour will cause similar issues when they are TLPs.
> >
> > True, though we should always remember that we are here primarily to write
> > great open source software and help others do so, not to maintain
> > impeccable project metadata.
> >
> > The main beneficiaries of good podling metadata are the IPMC and the tools
> > we use to guide Incubator processes, while the podlings themselves gain
> > little direct value from updating Incubator records.
>
> I see that main ASF Infra are starting to utlilise the podling
> metadata for setting up the TLP resources.

Infra only uses the status='current' attribute of podlings.xml.

That said, we use it once in a script that podlings need to use when
they enter (mlreq), and once in a script the podlings use when they
graduate (no UI name).  So podlings have an incentive to keep the
'status' attribute up-to-date both at creation and at graduation.