On 22 February 2013 06:56, Till Westmann <t...@westmann.org> wrote:
> Please verify and vote on the first release candidate for our first release
> apache-vxquery-0.2-incubating-RC1.
> Since this is our first release we would appreciate a thorough review.
>
> The tag to be voted on is
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/vxquery/tags/apache-vxquery-0.2-incubating-RC1

NOTICE says:
Apache VXQuery
Copyright 2001-2008 The Apache Software Foundation

I think that's probably wrong.

There are README files under / and under docs/

The latter should probably be merged into /

It would be helpful if the README file included a brief description of
the software.

src/main/assembly/source.xml does not have an AL header.

A lot of files don't have the correct SVN eol properties. See separate
JIRA issue
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/VXQUERY-84

> The artifacts, md5s, and signatures are at:

sigs and md5 are OK, but the md5 format is non-standard and may not be
supported by all automatic hash checkers.

Since the hashes are all in separate files, there is no need for the
file name to be present.
But if it is, it should be on the same line as the hash, which does
not need embedded spaces.

For example, see

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/httpd/httpd-2.4.4.tar.gz.[md5|sha1]

> http://people.apache.org/~tillw/apache-vxquery-0.2-incubating-RC1/

The site pages don't appear to have any download links.

The developer tips page mentions "Hyracks" without any explanation as
to what that is.