On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 2:28 AM, Tom White <tom.e.wh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 6:34 AM, Andrei Savu <savu.and...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Tom do you want to be a champion for this proposal?
>
> Yes, I'd be happy to.
>
> One thing I think is worth discussing more here is whether Provisionr
> should be a TLP on graduation, or whether it should be a module in
> Whirr.

Well, that puts this proposal into a gray area. In case you haven't
been reading all the traffic on this list, I'll give a quick summary
here.

Historically, the Foundation had 'subprojects', and the the incubator
hosted podlings intended, eventually, to become subprojects of
existing TLPs.  We don't do that anymore. If Provisionr becomes part
of Whir, it just becomes, well, part of Whir.

That raises the question of what you need the incubator for if this is
your goal. There's a pretty simple alternative. The existing
Provisionr team works with Whir to do an IP grant of the code to the
Foundation. The existing team submits ICLAs. Whir makes a branch or
other distinctive tree in source control and grants the Provisionr
team commit access _to that tree_. Over time, the Provisionr people
earn full committer status by merit, and appropriate adjustments are
made to the tree structure.

Given the state of the conversation about policy on this subject, I
think it would be reasonable to ask you all to talk to the Whir people
about this, and see if you an all come to an agreement for something
like this in parallel with a discussion here.