Hi,

In the S4 project we have some recent patches from non-committers, but we have
doubts on how to integrate them.

In the past, the Jira system had a clearly defined way for the contributor to
mark the patch as granted to the ASF.

Typically (wording from the hbase book): "The patch should be attached to the
associated Jira ticket "More Actions -> Attach Files". Make sure you click the
ASF license inclusion, otherwise the patch can't be considered for inclusion".

Unfortunately it seems that with the latest Jira updates, this option is not
available anymore to contributors.

So, now, what is the proper way to ensure a patch can be included in the
codebase of an Apache (incubator) project? Do we need contributors, even casual
ones, to file an ICLA?

Thanks for any clarification!

Matthieu