On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 4:40 AM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On the other hand, since we're a volunteer organization, a better
> message here would be that people *can* take responsibility, not that
> they *should* do so. If there aren't enough people with enough free
> cycles (I woke up next to a three month old reminder that there are

If I didn't say it before: congratz, and happiness to you :-)

> higher priorities in life :-), then it's a flaw in the structure that
> requires more volunteer effort than is available rather than a failure
> of the volunteers involved.

When the Incubator was set up, there was a recognition that PMCs could
not simply tell the Incubator "please incubator <this> project for us.
kthxbai." That the PMC would have to provide help.

However... that has completely disappeared. Effectively, "all"
arriving projects are not attached to an existing PMC. Thus, the
"staffing" is generally non-existent, and problems have ensued.

It's a difficult issue :-(

Cheers,
-g