Hello,

this is the *fifth* release candidate for Apache S4, version 0.6.0

We fixed 2 blocking issues wrt RC1, related to s4 tools, 1 blocking issue in
RC2, related to metrics logging configuration, issues related to the package
contents and license headers in RC3, and removed included javadoc files in RC4.

This release fixes the following issues:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12312322&version=12321702

*** Please download, test and vote by Thursday, May 9th 2013, 13:00:00 GMT ***

Note that we are voting upon the source (tag).

Source package in zip format:

http://people.apache.org/~mmorel/s4-0.6.0-incubating-release-candidate-5/

The (git) tag to be voted upon: 0.6.0-RC5:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-s4.git;a=tree;h=8b43b317104cfc9ebc42f6e8ec9c9557867155aa;hb=2f474503e2da111601bb92ca7186c136ba28e5b0

S4 KEYS file containing PGP keys we use to sign the release:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/s4/dist/KEYS

The README.md file contains instructions for installing the gradle wrapper
(which is not shipped with the source release).

We include a RAT check task. (Can be used by fetching rat from /lib dir in the
git repo and using the .rat-excludes file at the root of the git repo)

It can be run with :
gradlew rat > output

Please cast your vote, thanks!

[ ] +1  approve
[ ] +0  no opinion
[ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)

NOTES:

- All releases by podlings must be approved by the Incubator PMC. The
conventional process is for the podling to follow the usual Apache process and
then call for a Incubator PMC VOTE on the general incubator list.
For RC5 however, following recommendations from our mentors, we are proceeding
to a parallel vote on both general@incubator and s4-dev