On May 10, 2013, at 10:58 AM, Alan Cabrera <a...@toolazydogs.com> wrote:

> I'm currently writing some tooling to help with the incubation process as
> well as mail list moderator tools.
>
> The first thing that I'm writing is a command that will print out who is the
> owner of an email alias and what projects they belong to and if they are ASF
> members.  This will help me vet subscription requests since people rarely use
> their ASF email accounts.
>
> The tools will be written in Python.

I'm done with this tool.  It also sends a rejected email to the user informing
them that they are not allowed to subscribe.  Things I need in this email are:

URL of a web page describing out to add an alias to an account
URL of a web page describing mailing list membership policies

If these don't exist I am happy to write them.

A bunch of the Python utilities that I'm using are from LinkedIn and I'm in the
process of "vetting" the code.  I'll check it in as soon as that's done:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/public/trunk/tools

I'm now going to replace the mentors' names in podling.xml with their usernames
and fix the corresponding web/reporting generation bits.  Any pointers would be
welcome.

Regards,
Alan