All,

First of all, big thanks to everyone for their support of this proposal but at
this time it is best to put this on hold. The HDF Group, who were envisioned to
provide the initial code drop and some of the primary developers, have existing
efforts they would first like to get aligned before creating another thrust.
Additionally, there are some collaborators with HDF Group that we would like to
be involved so that we can create synergy for them and Apache. Although the
vote would have passed, I feel its not the right time to spin this up and use
Apache resources unnecessarily. We will be meeting with the HDF Group and their
collaborators over the summer and look to see if there is a viable path forward
and how best we can proceed together. Once again, thanks for everyone's
interest and we look forward to making this happen.

Thanks,
Paul Ramirez