FWIW: IMO the Incubator still serves a crucial role in
the social and legal aspects of *creating* an Apache
project and community. The Probationary TLP opens us
up to more risk for what I can see as no real benefit
or reduction in effort or resources.

Also, the unwash public is aware of the distinction between
ASF Incubator projects and "real" PMCs and there is the understanding
that Incubator podlings are still finding their way, and that
the quality of their release and their community structure
may not be on the same level as official TLPs. This distinction
will now be lost. Again, I see risk with no real benefit or
reason.

Some podlings don't make it, and that's a shame, but it's
a relatively painless situation. When a TLP, probationary
or not, doesn't make, it's much more painful. And because
it's a TLP, there is more incentive to "keep on trying" to
make it work and it forces the board to be involved. The
board is a hammer, not a scalpel.

So I am +1 for Stratos as a regular podling, but -1 (NOT
a veto) as a probationary TLP (since I am -1 for the
concept in general).