On Jun 30, 2013, at 7:42 AM, Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Now that things have settled down a bit,
> I'd like to talk about some of the things
> I'm looking for out of the ombudsman post.
>
> 1) proactively solicits opinions of exiting podlings
>    about their experiences in the form of interviews
>    and surveys.
>
> 2) make anonymized results of (1) available to the IPMC
>    on a regular basis.
>
> 3) provides advocacy and facilitates solutions for
>    committers who report issues with their podling's
>    mentors.

I might change 3 to state:

provides advocacy and facilitates solutions for podling, and IPMC members, who
report issues that cannot normally be solved through normal established
processes.

I thought it would be good to extend the help to anyone related to the
Incubator and be clear that the problems the ombudsman would work to resolve
would be extraordinary issues and that most, if not all, problems would be
solved through normal established processes.

> That's pretty much it- what are your expectations
> for the ombudsman role?

Nice and simple.  I like it.

Regards,
Alan