On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 1:13 PM, Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 10:13 AM, sebb <seb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> So why not pre-allow all automated senders when creating the podling list?
>
> Why not pre-allow *@apache.org?

That sounds great.

The proposal to pre-allow no-re...@apache.org at list creation time also
sounds fine to me in that it solves the problem I'm working on.  Nevertheless,
I understand Daniel Shahaf's objection.

To define the problem I'd like to solve more narrowly, I would like to see
fewer missed reports by podlings, but without the Chair or anyone else having
to perform manual audits.

All of the proposals so far attempt to address moderation failures in a timely
manner so that the podling still has enough time to send in their report
before the deadline.  But maybe we should just let them fail if they haven't
got their act together with regards to moderation and then do what the Board
does when a TLP fails to report: ask them to report next month.

We'll still have missed reports anyway.  Tez and Tashi were MIA this cycle.
Have we been following up?  I don't recall seing messages, but maybe they've
been directed to lists I'm not subscribed to.

Marvin Humphrey