On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 11:53 AM, Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net> wrote:

> I am rephrasing my shepherds comments.

The report was filed last night, one week in advance of the monthly meeting as
per the Board's stated deadline.

In order to avert a messy post-deadline debate about exactly what should
language should go into the report, I have made an executive call as IPMC
Chair and amended the Board meeting agenda, removing all shepherd notes for
Drill -- including both the original comments and the responses from Drill
Mentors.  If we decide that something about the matter would benefit from
Board attention, we can mention it next month.

People should not take this action as a precedent and expect that filed
reports will be amended in the future.  Generally speaking, if it's happening
at the last minute, it can wait until next month's report.

Thanks to Dave for his long record of contributing as a shepherd.

Marvin Humphrey