I just scanned through the ip-clearance page and came away a bit confused
after reading this sentence.
"*This form is not for new projects.* This is for projects and PMCs that
have already been created and are receiving a code donation into an
existing codebase."

We've brought raccumulo out of our internal repos and are now hosting it
publicly here. The plan is for this to be it's new home.
https://github.com/DataTacticsCorp/raccumulo

Developer ICLAs are complete and filed with secretary@apache
Data Tactics CCLA is complete and filed with secretary@apache

A good goal seems to be having the project included as a contrib project
here:
http://accumulo.apache.org/contrib.html

Some of my most recent questions:
Of course, the big question, what is the "apache way" to do that? We want
to do that, we're learning the process and we have more code we want to
donate to the community.
Is it ip-clearance, since it's a large code donation to an apache project?
Is it incubation as a sub-project? If incubation is the right way, would it
preclude initiating the ip-clearance now?

R/
Eric