On 9 November 2013 07:06, Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Someday I will get back to improving the Voting and Glossary pages, but
> meanwhile, the Apache Flex PMC is still trying to construct a set of
> bylaws and we are currently discussing whether there is a difference
> between "Majority Approval" which is in the Glossary and "Lazy Majority"
> which isn't, but is used in a lot of other project bylaws but seems to
> have the same meaning.

Is there such a concept as "Lazy Majority" ?

The Glossary only has "Lazy Consensus/Lazy Approval" [1]

The Voting page [2] does not mention Lazy Majority either.

If project bylaws mention "Lazy Majority" then presumably they must
define the concept locally.
[Though what that definition might be, I have no idea]
If the bylaws don't clearly define the concept, then the PMC needs to
determine how to fix the bylaws.

But please let's not add "Lazy Majority" to the foundation pages just
because it happens to be used elsewhere (possibly ambiguously).

[1] http://www.apache.org/foundation/glossary.html#LazyConsensus
[2] http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html

> To me, if "Lazy" means that silence give assent, I don't see how you can
> the count votes of those who assent.

Exactly; I agree that Lazy Majority does not make sense as a concept.