On Sun, Dec 8, 2013 at 2:49 PM, Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
> We have a lot of pending votes and I see you guys discussing about
> rules why not spend your times on having a look at those votes...

If we succeed in changing the system so that my participation doesn't let AWOL
Mentors off the hook[1], deny meritorious PPMC members self-governance[2], or
perpetuate a status quo of inferior IP oversight[3], I definitely look forward
to reviewing releases once again.

> And with such discussion we don't look very attractive. Isn't the goal of
> the ASF to have a lot of project developed here?

I think we should be more embarrassed about actual errors than about what it
looks like as we design processes intended to avoid them.  The recent glitches
with improper release vote counting[4] and not completing IP clearance before
releasing[5] both would have been prevented by using the checklist.

Besides, if we're talking about how the Incubator looks to outsiders,
shouldn't we be concerned that we routinely have so much trouble getting IPMC
members to vote on releases?  This proposal is designed to ameliorate that
problem.

> Sorry personally I don't have time to read/participate the whole
> thread as I prefer to spend my time on writing softwares.

Not everybody has to follow every twist and turn of development.  When we have
something sufficiently mature, I'll start a PROPOSAL thread.  Please watch for
that.

In the meantime, please continue to enjoy writing software! :)

Marvin Humphrey

[1] http://s.apache.org/Kca
[2] http://s.apache.org/qSW
[3] http://s.apache.org/bsy