On Dec 12, 2013, at 2:15 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> Hi Marvin,
>
> On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 6:21 AM, Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com>
> wrote:
>> I also went another round on the Manifest template and the Release Procedure
>> section of the guide (not yet committed): https://paste.apache.org/a1ya ...
>
> Looks good to me but why "it must be approved by a Mentor (who must
> also be an Apache Member" ?

Another rule is better than my straw man. Marvin really missed my point - which
was 3 IPMC is the way it is done and I don't see a need to change. (Yes I know
podlings can't get release votes ... with this rule I will lay odds we will
start to see active -1 VOTEs from IPMC members on releases when there is any
flaw. With the rule of VOTE at 3 +1 and the rest at 1 +1.)

I think we have to have a way for IPMC members to VOTE -1 on releases after the
first...

> We do have mentors who are not members, and that's fine IMO.

Yes it is. It is very fine.

I LIKE this process in all aspects except this change in the 3 +1 from the IPMC
rule. Can the VOTE separate the two experiments?

(1) Vote +1/-1 for the Release Verification Checklist experiment

(2) Vote +1/-1 for the 1 +1 Mentor/IPMC for releases after the first release by
a podling.

Regards,
Dave