+1, good job.

On 13 Dec 2013, at 21:59, Marvin Humphrey wrote:

Greetings,

As the next step in our ongoing efforts to reform the release voting process, I propose that we run an experiment allowing the PPMC members of select podlings to earn binding votes under limited circumstances by completing a
release checklist.

For participating podlings, the Incubator's release management guide...

 http://incubator.apache.org/guides/releasemanagement.html

... would be supplanted by the following documents:

 http://incubator.apache.org/guides/release_manifest.txt
 http://incubator.apache.org/guides/release.html

The scope of this VOTE is limited to approving the following patch to our
policy page:

 https://paste.apache.org/k4vJ

Here is the patch content minus markup:

 2013 Alternate Release Voting Process

 Select podlings pre-cleared by a majority vote of the IPMC MAY
participate in
 an alternate release voting process:

Should a Podling decide it wishes to perform a release, the Podling SHALL hold a vote on the Podling's dev list and create a permanently archived Release Manifest as described in the Experimental Release Guide. At least
 three +1 votes from PPMC members are required (see the Apache Voting
Process page). If the majority of PPMC votes is positive, then the Podling
 SHALL send a summary of that vote to the Incubator's general list and
 formally request the Incubator PMC approve such a release.

Formal approval requires three binding +1 votes and more positive than negative votes. Votes cast by members of the Incubator PMC are always
 binding.  For all releases after the first, votes cast by members
of the PPMC
 are binding if a Mentor approves the Release Manifest.

Please note that the proposed change is both incremental and reversible:

* It is incremental because podlings must be opted in by vote of the IPMC to
 participate.
* It is reversible because once the experiment has run its course the policy change can be reverted with zero impact through lazy consensus.

Those who may have questions about the legitimacy of allowing binding votes
from non-IPMC members should see this post from Roy Fielding:

 http://s.apache.org/v7

Please vote:

[ ] +1 Yes, apply the patch enabling the experiment.
[ ] -1 No, do not apply the patch enabling the experiment.

This majority VOTE will run for 7 days and will close at 13:00 PST on Friday, December 20, 2013. Votes cast by members of the Incubator PMC are binding.

Here is my own +1.

Marvin Humphrey

---
http://www.grobmeier.de