On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 1:28 PM, Alexander Broekhuis
<a.broekh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...What about IP Clearance? Does the same apply (we do know
> the code is clean) and can we assume it is ok?...

If committers of the ASF project in question have followed the
development this is not very different from code developed at the ASF
in my opinion, due diligence should have happened all along.

What do the GSoC rules say about this?

The best would be if they specify that all code belongs to the target
organization from the start. IANAL but if this is not the case I'd
think the code belongs to the student, and by signing up for GSoC they
make it clear that they intent to contribute it so we're good.

-Bertrand