On 28 February 2014 19:48, Alan Gates <ga...@hortonworks.com> wrote:
> +1
>
> One note is that the signatures given say sha1, but you actually have use
> openssl sha to get the same values.  If you do sha1sum (which was my first
> assumption anyway) you get a different non-matching values.  You might want
> to change the filename to "tez-0.3.0-incubating.tar.gz.sha"

Or better, use SHA-1 rather than SHA (aka SHA-0) which is relatively
weak and not well supported by tools.

I think it would be OK just to replace the sha1 file contents with the
appropriate SHA-1 hash.
No need to respin the release, as it that has not changed, but it
would make sense to get a few people to check the updated hash works
for them.

If you leave the sha1 file with SHA-0 contents, that is potentially
going to cause problems for downloaders; they won't be expecting a
SHA-0 hash in that file.