On Sun, Mar 30, 2014 at 12:14 AM, Alan Gates <ga...@hortonworks.com> wrote:
> I would like to propose Stratosphere as an Apache Incubator project.

I've reviewed the proposal and it looks strong to me.  The description of the
transition to a more publicly accessible project (moving from internal git to
github, etc) seems to indicate that many challenges of incubation are properly
understood.

The current stratosphere-users list is nascent:

    https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/stratosphere-users

Perhaps consider starting with only a dev@ list to begin with, especially
since diversifying the currently homogenous committer list is a significant
task.

On Sun, Mar 30, 2014 at 12:52 PM, Ted Dunning <ted.dunn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 30, 2014 at 10:26 AM, Sebastien Goasguen <run...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Maybe 'stratosphere' is too generic to be able to get trademarks
>> established down the road.
>
> That is a significant issue that will need to dealt with during incubation.
>
> Good trademarks are very difficult to come up with.

"Stratosphere" is also uncomfortably close to "Stratos".

The sooner that this can be considered the better.

Marvin Humphrey