Hi everyone,
This is a call for a vote on Apache Phoenix 4.0.0 incubating RC3. Phoenix
is a SQL query engine for Apache HBase, a NoSQL data store. It is accessed
as a JDBC driver and enables querying and managing HBase tables using SQL. This
is the next major release of Phoenix compatible with the 0.98 branch of
Apache HBase (0.98.1+) and will be our third release in the incubator. The
release includes both a source-only release and a convenience binary
release.

The 4.0.0 release has feature parity with our pending 3.0.0 release. New
features include:
- Equi-joins through broadcast hash join
- Shared tables over same physical HBase table
- Read-only and updatable views
- Multi-tenancy
- JDBC ARRAY type
- Sequence creation and usage

The dev list thread for the passing vote (7 +1s with 2 IPMC votes) can be
found at:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-phoenix-dev/201404.mbox/%3CCAAF1JdjJ_3%2B%2B2y3TYFNUDJSt9UVJngQjqg5dU6qnTUW%2BamhBag%40mail.gmail.com%3E

The source tarball, including signatures, digests, etc can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/phoenix/phoenix-4.0.0-incubating-rc3/src/

The binary artifacts can be found at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/phoenix/phoenix-4.0.0-incubating-rc3/bin/

https://people.apache.org/keys/committer/mujtaba.asc

KEYS file available here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/phoenix/KEYS

The hash and tag to be voted on:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-phoenix.git;a=commit;h=4d90a49dd375da984a9db195d517ef26166745f0
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-phoenix.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/v4.0.0-incubating-rc3

For information about the contents of this release see:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-phoenix.git;a=log;h=refs/tags/v4.0.0-incubating-rc3

Vote will be open for at least 72 hours. Please vote:

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

Thanks,