On 20 May 2014, at 19:07, Rob Weir wrote:

> I looked around and did not see a process defined for adding a Mentor
> to a podling.  I see how they are added at podling initiation, but not
> after.  So apologies if I'm missing something.
>
> It appears that we have at present zero active Mentors, so even with
> the experimental release process we're unable to move forward, since
> that requires Mentor sign off on the release manifest/checklist.

I haven't heard of a process defined. I did something similar in the past
by notifying the list and asking the community if they would be fine with me
joining, and that's it.

As member of this PMC is think there should not be an formalities for you
to help podlings who need it.

Just make sure to add your name to the mentors list, since reporting templates
will be generated from there.

Kind regards,
Christian