Regarding the Copyright dates in the NOTICE file, we have some sample hbase
configuration files copied from HBase to use for testing, and some of them
had a statement in the header saying "Copyright 2007 The Apache Software
Foundation" (some listed different years).  I removed the copyrights from
those files and updated the NOTICE, as I thought was the correct
procedure.  Let me know if I should just change the NOTICE to say 2014 for
the future.