On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 1:59 PM, Henry Saputra <henry.sapu...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Maybe we should start asking incubator project to try to build some
> kind of momentum or community before going to ASF incubator.

Apache incubator is a great place for new projects to grow their community
and diversity. Once a project is established it is much harder to change
the infrastructure and there projects started on github are more likely to
stay on github. I think there is significant value in these projects being
done in the Apache Way.

> All but one PPMC members for this proposal would be from Hortonworks.

Would you like to volunteer to help mentor?

> Just from high level it seems like it has similar goal as Apache Knox
> [1], what is the differences between the 2?

I think Knox and Argus complement each other. Knox provides perimeter
security via proxy/gateway services, while Argus is providing fine grain
integrated authorization and auditing.

.. Owen