On Wed, Jul 23, 2014 at 10:50 PM, Justin Mclean
<jus...@classsoftware.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> It requires 3 +1 votes on the podling list, they then bring it here
>> for the 3+1 *binding* votes. In our case we got 4 total +1 {2 IPMC
>> members; 2 PPMC members} and came here for the third binding vote.  I
>> think the Aaron was precise in his usage of "+1 votes" and "+1 binding
>> votes". Mine and Patrick's vote carry through here leaving us 1 shy of
>> 3 binding +1 votes from IPMC members. I'm not seeing the point of
>> confusion here.
>
> The confusion is that the 2 PPMC votes were not stated as votes by the PPMC
> and could of been from anyone.

Thanks Justin, yes they're both PPMC members.

> Are IPMC votes consider binding on a podlings dev list and count toward the
> initial +3? I'm assuming so but I can't find it stated anywhere.

Yes. If you're a member of the IPMC and cast a vote on a podling list,
it's binding. <-there. stated somewhere now:)

> If the other two votes were not by PPMC then there only +2 votes and so it's
> not valid.

They were, so this is a non-issue.

> I note that Chris is not listed here [1] but is on the initial committer list
> [2] and there's no
> team page on the Blur site listing out the PPMC members. I assume they are
> PPMC
> votes but as an outsider it's hard to know.

Honestly, I'm not sure what the canonical place for you to look up
PPMC members - I've never really cared because they're not binding.
Since you give some meaning to [1] - I've done what needs to be done
to get Chris added there, not sure how long it will take to show up.

Are you interested in helping review/vote on our release or just
debating the incubator policy stuffs?

Thanks,
--tim