P. Taylor Goetz wrote:
Is there any precedent or best practice for setting up a project swag
store on something like cafe press?

The closest OpenOffice came to this is simply by listing reorder links to promotional material here:
http://www.openoffice.org/marketing/art/galleries/logos/index.html

But this is for volunteers attending events rather than for the general public, as explained at the top of that page.

I need to place an order, but I would also like to allow others to
order items, and I would like any proceeds to go to the ASF.
Any suggestions?

In our case we simply link to a vendor for convenience, but we make it clear that "This is only one of many merchants that can provide this kind of service and is not specifically endorsed by the Apache Software Foundation". There are no agreements with this vendor (i.e., all money goes to the vendor).

Regards,
  Andrea.