As a follow up to my mail below I have discovered a worrying situation with
Ripple and its releases. I sent the following mail to the Ripple list moments
ago. I will work with the community to resolve this situation ASAP. This mail
is just an FYI as this will be noted in the projects report this month.

Can anyone explain how it is that there is no ASF release yet the readme says:

"To install:

    npm install -g ripple-emulator"

Inspecting ripple-emulator on npm I see lots of mentions of Apache Ripple and
no clear indication that this is an incubating project. It looks to any
uninformed user that this is an Apache release, but it is not.  NPM was last
updated a month ago.

More importantly the foundation is unable to provide appropriate legal
protection for contributors unless these release approved by the ASF.

This needs to be fixed, and quickly. Apache projects must conform to our
release policy. This is fundamentally important to the foundation and shoule be
equally important to contributors who hope to receive the legal protection that
the foundation has been created to provide.

The overhead in making a release is minimal (at least once the initial due
diligence has been done on entry into the incubator).

Thanks for the input on the current status of the IP review. It is great that
it seems it's pretty much complete. Lets finish the job and get a release out.

Ross