On Mon, Dec 8, 2014, at 00:12, Roman Shaposhnik wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 5, 2014 at 6:04 PM, John D. Ament <johndam...@apache.org>
> wrote:
> > All,
> >
> > It looks like log4cxx2 didn't receive report reminders.  The one issue I
> > noticed is that the email address for dev@ is
> >
> > log4cxx-dev@logging.a.o
>
> This strikes me as extremely odd. Does anybody know the history behind
> this kind of ML name?

Yes. This podling was actually a mature project of logging.apache.org.
Then we discussed the attic, because noone of the old committers were
around. But objections were raised by the community. I discussed this
issue with Logging PMC and IPMC and it seemed the best idea was to move
log4cxx back to the incubator with new people from the mailing lists.

As there are no IP concerns and we wanted to avoid wasting infra time,
we have kept the old mailing lists.

Btw, it is named "log4cxx2" and not just "log4cxx" because before ages
the project has already incubated with different people.

>From that point of view, I think it is only important for this podling
to prove there are a few people and they understand the ASF principles
and release requirements. I say "few people", because the Logging PMC is
active and able to help to pass votes. In this special case I think this
podling could even graduate with one or two active persons.

Hope that helps!

Christian