On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 8:48 AM, Roman Shaposhnik <r...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> at this point we have had a few lively threads
> discussing three somewhat different proposals:
>    #1 mentor re-boot
>    #2 pTLP
>    #3 Ross's strawman http://s.apache.org/8eS
> it feels to me that all three need additional work
> to be done before we can have any reasonable
> consensus around them (let alone voting).
>
> Wearing my chair hat, I would like to suggest that
> the next step should be: for each proposal we identify
> points that are going to block consensus (AKA would
> result in -1 vote if it comes to a vote). I suggest we
> do it on the wiki pages themselves (I'll wikify Ross's
> proposal tonight). Not editing the wikis but simply
> collecting this feedback as the last section in each
> proposal. The idea would be to identify all such
> points in a week or so.
>
> Sounds good?

To follow up. Each of the proposals:
    https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/MentorRebootProposal
    https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/Strawman
    https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/IncubatorV2

now has the feedback gathering section at the end.
I am done with my personal feedback. Please provide
yours.

Here's the criteria you can apply when deciding whether
to spend time on this or not: imagine that the proposal
the way it is written were to come to a vote. If at that point
you'd be inclined to vote -1 -- please let us know NOW.

Using a VOTE thread as a forcing function for folks to
provide feedback would be *really* unfortunate.

Also, please try to keep 'deal breakers' section as small
as possible (pushing all the non-critical piece of your
feedback to the 'suggestions' section). When in doubt
(even if it is -0) -- make it go to suggestions.

The only items that belong to 'dealbreakers' are the ones
that would *strongly* motivate you to vote -1

Thanks,
Roman.